• Reduced costs of air tickets for frequent flyers.
• E-ticketing i.e. virtually eliminating the need for agents. Rynair and Easy jet two of UK’s low cost carriers have eliminated travel agents completely and sell all their tickets online.,
• Selling tickets through online auctions,
• Various freebies and accommodation offers provided at lower rates.
• Improved and interactive staff.
• Increase in aircraft capacity
These are a few of the many reasons for the increasing popularity of the airlines. In terms of quantity the airlines industry turnover in the year 99 was approximately 44 billion, 14 million passengers traveled using its services. Till recently, Indian Airlines had a monopoly in the sector. However, in 1993 the skies were opened for private participation and 8 airlines got the nod to commence operations. Of these, only two have survived - Jet Airways and Sahara Airlines.
Project Report on Airlines